Get instant notifications when there is news about your stocks. Request your one-week free trial of StreetInsider Premium here.
re + PLAY is an athletic performance and recreation focused brand founded by NBA veteran Al Harrington with evidence-based CBD formulations developed in partnership with Avicanna
Products will be available through all channels for adult use in Alberta and Ontario, as well as through medical channels, in partnership with Medical Cannabis by Shoppers
This is the fourth brand and 17th SKU Avicanna has commercialized in the Canadian market
TORONTO, December 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Avicanna Inc. (Avicanna or the Company) (TSX: AVCN) (OTCQX: AVCNF) (FWB: 0NN), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development, manufacture, and commercialization of herbal Cannabinoid-based products, is pleased to announce the launch of the recreational-based CBD brand re + PLAY through a partnership with Harrington Wellness, founded by NBA veteran Al Harrington.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/f7bd053d-da7c-433d-bb74-8ff274889242
re + PLAY is a performance-based CBD wellness brand based on the fundamentals and the combined knowledge of scientists, athletes, doctors and certified sports trainers. Avicanna and Harrington Wellness have consistently worked together to research, develop and optimize these CBD products. based themes inspired by the sports and sports community. These CBD-based topicals use Avicanna's proprietary and evidence-based deep tissue technology for cannabinoid delivery and were curated with the assistance of Harrington Wellness, who understand the needs of professional athletes.
We are excited to work with our partners at Avicanna to bring our high-performing Topika line of performance recovery products to Canada, said Al Harrington, CEO of Harrington Wellness.
The products are now available through all adult channels in Alberta and are expected to launch in Ontario and other provinces in the first quarter of 2022. In addition, in collaboration with Medical Cannabis by Shoppers, the products will be made available to patients across the country through medical channels in early January.
We are very excited to expand our wellness product offering in the Canadian market and introduce the first sport-oriented, THC-free line of functional products. This line was curated through this world-class partnership with the Harrington Wellness team and has been in development since 2019.
Initial product offerings include:
- Muscle rub – A water-based emulsion that combines 500 mg of pure cannabidiol (CBD) with complementary natural ingredients such as menthol, camphor and the terpene beta-caryophyllene. The intensive formulation provides a warming feeling when applied and was developed to improve the delivery into deeper skin layers.
- Full body cream – A water-based emulsion that combines 250 mg of pure CBD with complementary natural ingredients such as menthol, beta-caryophyllene and eucalyptus essential oil for an instant cooling sensation with a light fragrance.
- Foot + ankle cream – A rich cream that combines 500 mg of pure CBD with soothing colloidal oatmeal, as well as antimicrobial essential oils from tea tree and spearmint to provide a cool but smooth feel on your feet. This quickly absorbed, lightly scented cream was developed to improve delivery into the deeper layers of the skin.
Aboutre + PLAYre + PLAY is a performance and recreation based CBD brand that delivers the natural and powerful benefits of CBD through advanced formulations that have undergone extensive research and development to meet the quality and consistency standards placed on athletes and doctors alike can trust. The line is THC-free and recommended by doctors and used by both professional athletes and certified sports coaches. re + PLAY was founded by NBA veteran Al Harrington, renowned trainer Joe Abunasser and Dr. Sanford Kunkel, the team doctor for the Indiana Pacers and the US national basketball team.
About AvicannaAvicanna is a commercial-stage Canadian biopharmaceutical company established in cannabinoid research, development and evidence-based products for the global consumer, medical and pharmaceutical market segments. As part of leading global cannabinoid development, Avicanna conducts most of its research in Canada at its R&D headquarters at the Johnson & Johnson Innovation Center, JLABS @ Toronto, in the MaRS Discovery District. The company actively works with leading Canadian academic and medical institutions. Avicanna has built an industry-leading scientific platform with advanced R&D and clinical development that has resulted in the commercialization of over twenty products in four main market segments:
- Medical cannabis and wellness products: These medical and wellness products are marketed under the RHO Phyto or Magisterial Preparations brand and are an advanced line of pharmaceutical grade cannabis products that contain different ratios of cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The product portfolio includes a full range of products including oral, sublingual, topical and transdermal administration with controlled dosage, improved absorption and stability studies supported by preclinical data. The advanced formulary is marketed with education and training for consumers, patients, and medical communities. Avicannas' medical and wellness product portfolio also forms the foundation of the company's pharmaceutical pipeline, with the contribution of the formulations that form the basis of the products, as well as the data derived from the sale and participation of the products in real-world evidence studies .
- CBD derma cosmetic products: These registered, clinically tested, derma cosmetic products are sold under the brands Pura H&W or Pura Earth and comprise a portfolio of functional topical CBD products.
- Pharmaceutical Pipeline: Leveraging Avicanna's scientific platform, vertical integration, and real-world evidence, Avicanna has created a pipeline of patent-pending drug candidates that are indication-specific and are in various stages of clinical development and commercialization. These cannabinoid-based drug candidates offer solutions to unmet medical needs in the areas of dermatology, chronic pain, and various neurological diseases. Avicanna's first pharmaceutical preparation (Trunerox) is in the drug approval phase in South America.
- Cannabis raw materials, seeds and bulk formulations: The company's raw materials business, marketed under the Aureus brand, has successfully completed sales in 11 countries. Aureus caters due to its sustainable, economical and subsidiaries on an industrial scale based in Colombia. The majority of Aureus products are manufactured by Santa Marta Golden Hemp S.A.S. manufactured. (SMGH), the majority owned subsidiary of the company, which is also certified according to Good Agricultural and Collection Practices (GACP) and has the certification of the National Organic Program of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) for its hemp variety.
SOURCE Avicanna Inc.
Stay in contactFor more information about Avicanna, visit www.avicanna.com, contact Ivana Maric by email at email@example.com or follow us on social media on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
The company publishes updates through videos on the company's official YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFXPBGdKSxOUOf_VZoSFSUA.
Cautionary note regarding forward-looking information and statements
This press release contains "forward-looking information" within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Forward-looking information contained in this press release may be identified by the use of words such as "may", "would", "could", "will", "likely", "expect", "anticipate", "believe", "intend" , "plan," "forecast," "project," "estimate," "outlook," and other similar expressions. Forward-looking information is not a guarantee of future performance and is based on a number of estimates and assumptions made by management based on experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, and other factors that are relevant to the circumstances, including assumptions relating to current and future market conditions, the current and future regulatory environment, the availability of licenses, approvals and approvals, and the usefulness and application of certain drugs and products. Although the Company believes that the expectations and assumptions on which such forward-looking information is based, Prospects for the future should not be unduly relied upon, as the company cannot guarantee that they will prove to be correct. The actual results and developments may differ materially from the statements made in these statements. Forward-looking information is subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking information. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, current and future market conditions, including the market price of the company's common stock, and the risk factors set out in the company's annual information form dated September 3, 2021 and in the final prospectus dated November 27, 2020 , filed with the Canadian Securities and Exchange Commission and available on the company's profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. The statements in this press release speak as of the date of this press release. The company disclaims any intention or obligation to update any forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or results, or for any other reason, except as required by applicable securities laws.
re + PLAY (TM)
re + PLAY (TM) – a Harrington Wellness product
Source: Avicanna Inc.